Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 Olds Electrical

Visiting Guest

06-04-02, 07:07 AM   #1  
nate2001
93 Olds Electrical

I have a 1993 Oldsmobile 98 that is having some kind of electrical problems. On Sunday, I shut off the car after a long drive and the blower fan inside the car kept running. At first I thought it was the radiator fan, so I ignored it thinking it would shut off when the car cooled. The next morning the battery was dead. I charged the battery and immediately the blower fan again started blowing. I tried to drive down the road and the fan was locked in high, I couldn't adjust it. Also, when the A/C is not on or the car is off, the blower fan blows through the defroster vents at the dash. I have already tried replacing the relays, but that did not solve the problem. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-05-02, 07:23 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Rap on the blower motor with a rubber mallet and the switch in the off position. See if that helps. If it does, wiped out motor.

There's likely a relay or switch you're missing. Visit the Olds dealer for a blow up of the system and all the relays. Did you change the right one?

Also check for melted connections at the motor and at the blower switch too.

Search this Thread