Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 Olds Electrical Again

Visiting Guest

06-05-02, 05:28 PM   #1  
nate2001
93 Olds Electrical Again

I TRIED THE BLOWER MOTOR AND THAT DIDN'T HELP. WHILE REPLACING THE CLIMATE CONTROL PANEL (AUTOMATIC) I FOUND A EXTRA PLUG THAT IS NOT CONNECTED. IT IS NEXT TO THE PLUG FOR THE CLIMATE CONTROL PANEL BUT HAS A BUNDLE OF ELEVEN WIRES (A SIMILAR TYPE OF CONNECTOR END BUT THICKER THAN THE ONE FOR THE CLIMATE CONTROL SENSOR) AND IT WASN'T CONNECTED TO ANYTHING. ANY IDEA WHAT THIS BUNDLE OF WIRES IS AND WERE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE CONNECTED. I THOUGHT THIS COULD BE PART OF THE REASON THAT THE BLOWER FAN STAYS ON. ALSO, I DID TRY ALL OF THE RELAYS AND THAT DIDN'T HELP EITHER. HELP!!!!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-05-02, 10:56 PM   #2  
knuckles
Have you checked the blower control module? They often fail in the "high" position, which causes the blower to run at full speed all the time.

The blower control module is mounted in the a/c plenum, under the hood, very close to the firewall. You may need to remove a plastic relay cover to see it.

Visiting Guest

06-06-02, 04:12 PM   #3  
nate2001
thank you

I wanted to say thank you both for your ideas and it was the blower control module (a.k.a. blower resistor module- per Chilton's). It was actually very inexpensive and easy to replace using the book. Thanks so much!!!!

Search this Thread