How do you replace the mirror in the passenger side outside mirror?

Old 06-08-02, 09:37 AM
patti364
Visiting Guest
Question How do you replace the mirror in the passenger side outside mirror?

While waiting for my husband at the airport last year, I heard a loud crack and several minutes later noticed that the mirror in the passenger side (outside) rearview mirror had cracked. There was no scratch or damage to the holder and the automatic adjusting function still works fine. I would like to know how to replace just the mirror. I was in the car when this happened and there was no contact with another car and I was stopped at the time. Anyone who can help - I would be very happy.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-02, 11:59 AM
Most auto parts stores(autozone,advance auto parts),have replacement mirrors for a lot of vehicles.They just have an adhesive backing and you pretty much put them on as you would any other sticker once you have the surface area clean.If they don't carry it most automotive glass places will do it for you at a minimal cost which is usually a lot cheaper than a complete mirror assembly.

Old 06-09-02, 11:15 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
mirror

You do not say what type vehicle. I know on some GM models the mirror unit has to be replaced. Usually 140 bucks or so for parts as mirror has I believe 2 motors. Also I think depends on if it is a heated mirror assembly. Might go ahead and try a good glass company and see if they can replace it. Can be a little aggravating trying to DIY.