Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Chevy V8 won't start

Visiting Guest

06-08-02, 11:13 AM   #1  
jedpieper
Chevy V8 won't start

Hi everybody -

I have a 1993 full size Chevy Blazer with a 350 V8. I have owned it for a few months with no problems at all. Then, last night I tried to start it and nothing happened. Everything seems to have power except the starter. It didn't make a clicking sound, the lights didn't dim, nothing. Cleaning the battery terminals didn't help either. It has voltage at the fuse block and the starter solenoid. I am at a loss as to what else it would be. I think that usually, when starters go out, it is more of a gradual process. Is that correct? This just happened all of the sudden. If anybody has any other ideas for me to try, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jed

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-08-02, 03:31 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Stuck starter drive.

Rap on the body of the starter with a hammer. If the vehicle now starts, then time for a rebuilt starter.

06-09-02, 06:05 AM   #3  
starter

Check for power at the small purple wire at the starter with the key in the crank position,if you have power its starter time as Joe said.If you dont start looking elsewhere.

Search this Thread