94 Ford Aerostar Brake Light Problem

Old 06-09-02, 08:01 AM
egging
Visiting Guest
94 Ford Aerostar Brake Light Problem

We just changed the front brakes on our Ford Aerostar and the brake light and rear abs lights are both on and will not shut off. We have checked fluids and brakes all seems fine. Help.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-02, 09:06 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check your work. You may have disturbed or damaged a wheel sensor (or have a bad one).

Old 06-09-02, 09:43 AM
egging
Visiting Guest
94 ford aerostar

This is about the brake and rear abs brake lights staying on after a front brake change. I had a reply about a wheel sensor being damaged. My husband has never run across any sensors- We have torn apart the wheels many times and done brakes before. Where is it at?

Old 06-09-02, 07:02 PM
egging
Visiting Guest
Smile 94 Ford Aerostar Brake Warning Light Problem

Well we fixed it. It was not a sensor but the Delta P switch. I found that information at another web site and that was exactly the problem. We undid the switch and reconnected it and took care of the problem. Sorry, but you gave wrong information. We were dealing with the front brakes not the back. Thanks anyway.

Old 06-11-02, 07:28 PM
Delta switch .

Old 06-12-02, 05:55 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Fordtech,

I couldn't figure it out either . The name is news to me

Old 06-12-02, 07:05 AM
egging
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up 94 Ford Aerostar Brake Warning Light Problem

The name being new doesn't surprise me. I found the name of the problem under a Tech Tips at http://www.asashop.org/auroinc/jan99/techtips.htm
The article stated that this is overlooked and not known about. It described where the Delta P switch was and sure enough that was it. It is not in any service manual- my husband looked. By the way- I found the article and insisted he look for the Delta P switch. Since it worked- he owes me flowers!

Old 06-12-02, 04:52 PM
We all learn something new everyday. I always tell my kids "don't ever think you know everything because there's always something new to learn".