250 suv 1995 yamaha timberwolf

Old 06-11-02, 05:06 PM
Unhappy 250 suv 1995 yamaha timberwolf

Hey,
Does anyone know what the going price of a magneto for this bike would usually cost.I checked the voltage up to it and on both wires I get voltage from the wire to ground.I don't get anything coming out to the spark plug.If there might be something else that I should be checking I would appreciate the information.I am not an suv electricianor mechanic by any means.
Thank you,for any and all assistance with this problem.here's a little extra info.I had just gotten the bike serviced ,brought it home,started it up and rode it off the truck,parked it and a week later tried to fire it up,no go.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-02, 05:56 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Best answered on the Small Engine Forum of this site....

Get the part # from the Yamaha dealer and then plug it into www.google.com or find some sites that cater to ATV parts.

I'm sure there are wholesale discounters or dealers that sell over the internet.

Old 06-12-02, 07:45 AM
Hey,
I appreciate the quick response,I'll check it out thank you.I will return and let you know what happens.

Old 06-12-02, 10:51 AM
Hey Joe_F
Got it fixed,the wire that connects to the spark plug cap wasn't connected right.Apparently it had been pulled off and not inserted properly.I made sure it had good contact and it fired up for me.I thank you again for the response.Like I said ,I came back to let you have some feedback on the problem.I know whats it's like to left hanging,not knowing if the info helped or not.I usually visit the appliance repair section here,so I really know what it's like,to be left wothout any feedback.
Thanks again

Old 06-12-02, 11:04 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds like you got it in order. Good job.