Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

86 ford f-150

Visiting Guest

06-12-02, 01:20 PM   #1  
skyppy
86 ford f-150

My truck recently started to chug and jerk. I changed the fuel filter and pump. Replaced the coil and plugs. It has a 300, 6 cyl and a 4 speed . The carb is 4 yrs old and this is the only thing I can think that could be causing the problem. It idles find and doesn't act up all the time. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

TIA
Sky

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-12-02, 04:57 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Check the basics such as fuel pump output for one. How's the timing? When's the last time it was completely tuned up?

Visiting Guest

06-12-02, 06:20 PM   #3  
skyppy
The fuel pump is brand new and it was completely tuned up 3 months ago. I don't think it's in the motor. I think it may be in the tranny. It doesn't jerk all the time. When it does do it, it's either in second or third gear. It runs fine in fourth gear. It starts to jerk like the clutch is being dumped even though it isn't. The clutch is less than a year old. Should I have the tranny looked at?

Thanks
Sky

Visiting Guest

06-13-02, 05:49 AM   #4  
Joe_F
If it ONLY does it in the one gear, then yes. Might have a problem with something internal. Tough to say without driving it...

Search this Thread