Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Water-soaked Camry

Visiting Guest

06-13-02, 07:56 PM   #1  
Mr. B
Water-soaked Camry

I own a 2001 Camry. Within the last 3 days, I noticed the carpets were completely soaked under the floormats, especially on the driver's side. The air conditioning drain tube is working fine. We've had a lot of rain, but the car has been garaged 90% of the time. The seats aren't wet. The trunk is dry, and the carpet under the dash is dry. It almost seems as if a bucket of water has been dumped in the floor board behind the driver's seat. That's how wet it is! I've pulled the carpet up in front of the back seat and there is a 1/4 inch of water standing in the floor pan. Do you have any idea how this water got in the car? And yes, the windows have been rolled up. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-13-02, 08:45 PM   #2  
otter_
is your car still under 3yr warranty?

If so, your dealer should diagnose and repair no charge under factory defect guidelines.

If not, sit in the car while someone douses it with a garden hose. May take a while, but you should be able to find where it's coming from. Out of curiosity, does your camry have a sunroof?

Visiting Guest

06-13-02, 08:52 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with Otter. Dealer's problem, not yours. Take it back to them and have them rectify the leak and clean the carpet.

Search this Thread