automotive repair

Old 06-21-02, 07:44 PM
rehtaeh
Visiting Guest
automotive repair

I just bought an '88 nissan pulsar nx, however, the previous owner put the wrong tranny in it, probably why thaty sold it so cheap. I have a stanza tranny in there now, it looks alike, it , too, has a hydrolic clutch. I was hoping someone could tell me if there a difference that applies to me where mycars' no. is CA18DE and the one i put in is CA20?
also, Anyone willing to help me with the fuel system? need an exploded diagram, or something, my fuel pump is not getting any signals, help?

Old 06-22-02, 01:33 AM
DAVID WHEELER
Visiting Guest
I would suggest you get a friend who knows something about electrical type stuff to give you a hand. Really , nice to see on this sight as it is full of helpfull, knowledgable people.

Old 06-22-02, 01:54 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The 1.8 is turbo in that car, the 2.0 is not. Neither engine is worth a dang unfortunately, as the Pulsar was a very lackluster and odd duck of a vehicle.

First step is to determine if the transmissions are even interchangeable. Have a junkyard compare the listings for a 1.8 and a 2.0 for that year Pulsar in their Hollander interchange manual. If they are the same #, the parts will interchange. If not, then it's the wrong thing.

Try www.autolibrary.org for the diagram.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: