Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

burning oil badly

Visiting Guest

06-21-02, 09:28 PM   #1  
psayhey
burning oil badly

i'm at the gateway tent at a huge music festival in Tennesee for the weekend. On the way here I started to burn oil badly. I stopped and replenished the oil and added a leak stopper but I didn't notice any difference in the amount of smoked being produced. The thing is that in a couple of days I have to drive back home five hours and I don't know how to handle this. Should I put another bottle of stop leak in? maybe some slick 50 just incase? my concern is of my safe arrival home and saving my car from any extensive damage. Your response will be greatly appreciated as I will check my email from the tent here for the remainder of the weekend.
Perry

Sponsored Links

LA

06-22-02, 02:38 AM   #2  
What is make / year of vehicle. If your exhaust is showing smoke through a good catalytic converter, you're really burning some oil. How much are you using over how many miles??

Visiting Guest

06-22-02, 12:51 PM   #3  
Joe_F
Agreed. What type of vehicle and mileage? What color is the smoke? Is it coming out of the tailpipe or leaking onto the exhaust?

Search this Thread