air cond doesn't work

Old 06-23-02, 07:39 AM
Unhappy air cond doesn't work

I have a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer AWD and the air is not working properly. Its not that old and I was wondering if there is still some kind of warranty(my luck,not) I am not the original owner. Do you think it just needs charging? Thanks for your replies...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-02, 01:18 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
A/C service is not a DIY type repair without the proper tools, service manual information and procedures.....

It could be low on refrigerant, in which case the leak must be found and corrected. Suggest you bring it in and have it looked at.

Ford has had problems with this type compressor (FX15 is the type I believe on this one), and it's not worth a darn. Depending on what's wrong, something MIGHT be covered, but it's a real shot in the dark at this point.

See what the shop tells you and then see if you find anything at www.alldata.com under the bulletins and recalls. If you do, then it's time to play Monte Hall with the Ford dealer and see if they will give you anything under a goodwill warranty. Up to the dealership and you might have to call Ford Customer Service and play Monte Hall there too. Still no guarantee there either..

Search this Thread