I need assistance with my car

Old 06-23-02, 03:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question I need assistance with my car

Can someone help me out? I have a 1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive with a 4.6 Liter engine. I do the minor stuff myself, and I need to know where exactly is the position of the EGR Valve Sensor. I don't want to screw up my car in any way, and I know if I fumble around in the engine bay, something drastic will happen to it. The guys from Auto Zone only told me it was located near the EGR Valve, but that'a all. Where near?
Old 06-23-02, 06:38 PM
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,538
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this car uses what is called a pressure feedback exhaust sensor , short for pfe or dpfe sensor it is located near the firewall and bolts to the bracket on the back of the upper intake manifold if it is a pfe it will have one hose runing from egr tube to sensor if it is a dpfe it will have two hoses running egr tube to sensor both have three wire connectors, the 4.6 is known for the egr passages to carbon up and cause an innsufficient egr flow code to set in the computer so you may have to have those passages cleaned out if you continue to have an egr code in the computer. after replacing the sensor.
Old 06-24-02, 01:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Okay, then I guess, they gave me the wrong part. Nowhere do I see this thing near the firewall or the exhaust manifold. I see something else connected to the exhaust manifold. I need to take this thing back to the store, like now. Okay thank you very much for you help. I'll probably be back here with another question about the sensor. Or not. Thanks Bejay.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: