Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

front tire squeal

Visiting Guest

06-24-02, 05:49 AM   #1  
wacres
front tire squeal

Hi - I have a 1998 Chevy Venture. I have just started to hear a squeal on the right front tire. When I am driving and I turn to the left the squeal goes away. When I am driving straight or when I turn to the right the squeal is there.

The noise is there only once every tire revolution. When I drive slow the squeal is intermittent and only there once per tire revolution. As I drive faster the noise increases as the tires are rotating faster. There doesn't seem to be any increase or decrease in the noise when I apply the brakes.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-24-02, 07:38 AM   #2  
daffy13
hello,could your wheel bearing be the cause?the side closest to the kerb normally gets most wear as it rides most often on rough road edges etc.

Visiting Guest

06-25-02, 08:11 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Take off the tires and look for any signs of rubbing on the brake hoses or other suspension members first.

My Saturn had a similar problem...the issue was a misrouted brake hose. Since been corrected, no problems.

Search this Thread