1985 Hoda Accord fuel injection

Old 06-24-02, 12:59 PM
epenterprises
Visiting Guest
1985 Hoda Accord fuel injection

Hi,
I have a 1985 Honda Accord 4cyl with PGM-Fl fuel injection. On the dashboard, a symbol that looks like a computer chip with the letters PGM-Fl lights up. The rpm gauges gets all wacky and the car repeatedly stalls. I'm figuring that this symbol has something to do with the fuel injectors but am not sure.

Questions:
- Is this a computer chip regulating the fuel injectors?
- When this light on the dashboard comes on, what does it mean?
- How can I fix this problem?
- If this is a computer problem, where is the chip located?

I have the owner's manual that came with the car (used) but it has nothing on this symbol on the dash or on anything about the furl injetion system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can respond here or contact me directly at:

[email protected]

Than you.

epenterprises

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-02, 05:18 PM
the light will come on when the computer detects a fault so you need to check the codes in your computer system and see which code it returns early model hondas use a led on the computer to give you codes im not sure of the location of the ecm on your car but alot of them was on the passenger side floor board under the carpet so you may want to get a manual and go from there on how to retrieve codes and test the codes it has in it, you likely have a component inside the distributer bad from the sound of your description.

Old 06-25-02, 07:29 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
See www.batauto.com for how to pull the codes.