Disc Brakes

Old 06-24-02, 03:02 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disc Brakes

I have a 2001 Ford F-150 Supercrew, i want to change the brake pads on this truck. What is the procedure for changing these and what tools will i need. Thanks

Old 06-25-02, 06:50 AM
N
ttt

Old 06-25-02, 07:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with www.autolibrary.org

Old 06-26-02, 05:58 AM
N
I've checked all the sites you suggested with no luck. Autolibrary.com looks like a very interesting site they had no info on my year of truck. I'm just looking for a quick overview of this procedure and what kind of problems i might encounter. Thanks

Old 06-26-02, 05:57 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I suggest you get an OEM service manual or at minimum a Chilton or Haynes. Be forewarned that the two latter ones are very generic.

Old 06-27-02, 06:55 AM
N
I thought that was the purpose of this board, to save a buck and do it yourself. For the price of a service manual i could pay someone for the brake job.

Old 06-27-02, 07:27 AM
E
That is the purpose of this board, although you don't deserve a reply I will give you one anyway. Here we try to help you, but you've got to help yourself. You have heard the one about give a man a fish and you feed him for today. TEACH a man to fish and he can feed himeself for a lifetime. Get a manual, not only will you use it now you'll use it over and over.

Old 06-27-02, 10:08 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If you want short instructions they are the same for any vehicle...basically off with the old, on with the new. Use one side as a guide to do the other. That's the best advice anyone can give you.

We can't possibly cover all the things you could encounter here. That's why you need a book to guide you as well. Easywind gave a better analogy that I could drum up, so Kudos.

I own a manual for EVERY car I own, from my work car on up to my classic Trans Ams. They've paid for themselves already 3 times over.

If you think of the cost of a manual in the terms you're thinking of, you need some reality checks . An OEM manual set will run you 120 bucks, I'll bet a proper brake job will run you a lot more .

I'll also assume you didn't try the library for a free copy? Again, barring that, time to up the ante and buy the book. It's worth its weight in gold.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: