89 chrysler please help

Old 06-26-02, 10:39 AM
krazysis
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 89 chrysler please help

please help,

i have a 89 lebaron gts gt turbo 4cl 2.5l convertable

it not firing turning over but not firing about 5 month ago i put new wires and plugs with rotor button and cap. i just put a new fuel pump in it and checked to see if the timeing belt was still turning (it is) please help me

this is my only car

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-02, 04:33 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If you mean you have no spark, then you might look to the pickup in the distributor. Common failure area on Chryslers.

Old 06-29-02, 10:20 PM
krazysis
Visiting Guest
STILL NEED HELP

I HAVE TRYED THE KEY FOR THE ERROR CODES AND I DIDNOT WORK ..I PUT A NEW ING.COIL ON MY CAR BUT I DID THE TEST WHERE YOU TAKE OFF THE WIRE THAT RUN FROM THE COIL TO THE DISTURTIOR AND PUT IT TO A METAL ..IT DID NOT SPARK I AM NOT GETTING ANY SPARK FORMMY NEW ING.COIL ... PLEASE HELP ME .....I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Old 06-30-02, 01:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you replace the pickup module as Joe F suggested? As he said, it is a common failure part. I have replaced so many that I couldn't even begin to take a guess at the number.

Old 06-30-02, 10:23 AM
krazysis
Visiting Guest
spark is not getting to the disturor the problem is before the ing. coil. something is telling the ing.coil not to fire

Old 06-30-02, 11:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The pickup is what tells it to fire. That's what we're trying to say. The pickup sends a pulse that tells the coil when to fire. If it is not sending the pulse, it will not spark.

Old 07-01-02, 05:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree. Replace the pickup. You're talking a 20 dollar part .

Old 07-04-02, 04:56 PM
krazysis
Visiting Guest
i replaced the pickup module still no fire ....

Old 07-05-02, 05:46 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Did you use the correct one? As I recall the Turbo model uses a dual switch hall effect and the non turbo a single switch.

The latter cannot replace the former.

Could also be an ECM problem as well. These cars are pesky oil burning nuisances and not worth a darn .

Make sure you got and used the right pick up or we're back to square one.

Old 07-05-02, 12:47 PM
krazysis
Visiting Guest
yes i got the one with 2 concections.. i will try what you said ....or iam goting to put a bomb in my car just kidding

Old 07-14-02, 05:49 PM
krazysis
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

please help still will not start, i replaced the ingion switch,the computer, the ing. coil, the pickup coil, asd relay, the started relay, the ing. timing relay, check the fuseable links, battery,still nothing...getting low vots to the ing. coil. and on my fuel rail a wire the is a ground has power........ HELP ME PLEASE

Old 07-14-02, 09:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does the rotor turn when you crank the engine?

Old 07-15-02, 07:29 AM
krazysis
Visiting Guest
yes the rotor turns when i try to crank the car

Old 07-15-02, 10:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Low volts to the coil, and power on a ground wire? Check your negative battery cable. Make sure it is making good contact with the engine, and the frame. Check the grounds to the computer, check for loose or damaged ground straps to the firewall and/or fender.

Old 07-20-02, 11:04 AM
krazysis
Visiting Guest
some one said it could be locic on the passger kickpanel ??????

this is what they siad >>>>

i could be wrong but it sounds like the logic module[ behind the passenger kick panel] is bad. unfortunatly there's no way of testing it. you just have to replace it and see what happens. welcome to the age of computer ****!!

thanks michell

Old 07-20-02, 08:52 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds like "they" don't have a clue.

Any auto parts store can usually send them out for testing through their remanufactured electronics supplier.

I'd go that route first.