sticky brakes

Old 06-27-02, 03:56 PM
barney65
Visiting Guest
Question sticky brakes

I have a 1993 Pontiac Bonneville w/abs brakes and also have a 1994 Chevy Suburban with same brakes. My question/problem is that both vehicles have the same thing happening, front brakes not releasing causing wheel to heat up and smoke. Suburban is the driver front wheel only and Bonneville is passenger front wheel only. Replaced caliper and sensor on Suburban still have same problem. What do I do next?

Last edited by barney65; 06-27-02 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-02, 05:42 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Clogged front flexible brake hoses are likely on both cars at this age if it's a hydraulic problem.

Replace them, bleed them completely and that should do it. Common problem on many cars, not just GM.

Old 06-30-02, 04:57 AM
Son and I had the same problem on an old Chevy truck he was doing brake work on for a lady. Changed the hose and was good to go.

Old 06-30-02, 10:34 AM
Could have brake fluid that is contaminated with some type of oil.

It can cause the cup in the master cly to swell and cover the port that allows the fluid back to the reservior after you apply the brake.

Seem strange that your two vehicles have a similar condition. Maybe you topped up both master cly,s with the same fluid.

We had p/s and brake fluid from a manufactor that the bottles were identical in size and color. Very easy to confuse one for the other( even the fluid itself is very close)

Larry