Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Chevy truck auto trans

MO

06-28-02, 09:16 AM   #1  
Chevy truck auto trans

Please help! I have a 1986 Chevy 1/2-ton pickup with , I believe, an earlier small-block V-8 and the original TH-350 with lockup torque converter. The transmission has been rebuilt and installed, but there is a 2-pole electrical connector on the driver's side of the case with no mating connector anywhere on any harness on the truck. I think this connector is for the lockup converter. My belief is that the previous owner replaced the original engine with an earlier model, either to attempt to eliminate emissions equipment or to improve power, and failed to take into account the transmission's requirements. At any rate, as I prepare the truck for driving, I would like to enable the lockup function to try to maximize fuel mileage. Toward that end, can anyone advise me on: 1) whether I'm even correct in my assumption as to the functon of this mystery connection; 2) what the required voltage at this connection is, if other than 12vdc, and; 3) the polarity of this connection? I would greatly appreciate any help in this area. Thanks - CMil

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-28-02, 03:23 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Depending on the transmission that was originally in the truck, that's probably what it is.

You might try Painless Wiring in California. They have harnesses like this.

Search this Thread