Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

fuel in oil

Visiting Guest

06-28-02, 07:43 PM   #1  
Shane Ward
fuel in oil

1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer has fuel in oil. What could be the cause. Oil was changed about a week ago and now has approx 2 extra quarts on dip stick.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-28-02, 08:15 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Possibly a bad pressure regulator...sure it's fuel?

06-30-02, 04:30 AM   #3  
Don't know if it is possible with a Chevy, but I had a Dodge that would do that because if a bad fuel pump.

Visiting Guest

06-30-02, 06:32 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Usually on an old time carbureted engine with a mechanical fuel pump this would be a telltale sign of a pump with a blown diaphragm.

06-30-02, 06:40 AM   #5  
Usually on an old time carbureted engine with a mechanical fuel pump this would be a telltale sign of a pump with a blown diaphragm.
Yep, I forgot to mention this was '77 Dodge. I didn't know if the vehicle in guestion had an electric or mechanical pump.

Visiting Guest

06-30-02, 03:32 PM   #6  
mick4tfd
fuel in oil

1994 has a electric fuel pump in the gas tank. Did this not do this before? Need some history about the problem to tell more: Does it smoke? Is it sluggish? Have any external leaks? Do you smell gas when you open the hood?
Possible causes:blown head or gasket, leaking intake manifold gasket, bad piston rings, pvc valve
Mickey

Last edited by mick4tfd; 06-30-02 at 06:07 PM.

Visiting Guest

06-30-02, 05:10 PM   #7  
C0WCHIK
FUEL IN OIL

POSSIBLE CRACKED HEAD ON YOUR MOTOR. HAVE YOU CHECKED THAT OUT YET?

GOOD LUCK

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-30-02, 11:08 PM   #8  
Whoa!! don't go pulling the head to check for blown gaskets and cracks. This won't let fuel in your oil. A bad regulator or leaking injectors are about the only things I can think of offhand that would cause this.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

07-01-02, 05:40 AM   #9  
Joe_F
It would also help to know if we are dealing with a 4.3 vin code Z (throttle body) or a 4.3 vin code W (Vortec CPI) engine.

Folks, I'm going to have to stress that you follow the posting guidelines at the top of the forum if we have ANY chance of helping you in a timely manner!

Search this Thread