fuel in oil

Old 06-28-02, 07:43 PM
Shane Ward
Visiting Guest
Question fuel in oil

1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer has fuel in oil. What could be the cause. Oil was changed about a week ago and now has approx 2 extra quarts on dip stick.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-02, 08:15 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Possibly a bad pressure regulator...sure it's fuel?

Old 06-30-02, 04:30 AM
Don't know if it is possible with a Chevy, but I had a Dodge that would do that because if a bad fuel pump.

Old 06-30-02, 06:32 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Usually on an old time carbureted engine with a mechanical fuel pump this would be a telltale sign of a pump with a blown diaphragm.

Old 06-30-02, 06:40 AM
Usually on an old time carbureted engine with a mechanical fuel pump this would be a telltale sign of a pump with a blown diaphragm.
Yep, I forgot to mention this was '77 Dodge. I didn't know if the vehicle in guestion had an electric or mechanical pump.

Old 06-30-02, 03:32 PM
mick4tfd
Visiting Guest
fuel in oil

1994 has a electric fuel pump in the gas tank. Did this not do this before? Need some history about the problem to tell more: Does it smoke? Is it sluggish? Have any external leaks? Do you smell gas when you open the hood?
Possible causes:blown head or gasket, leaking intake manifold gasket, bad piston rings, pvc valve
Mickey

Last edited by mick4tfd; 06-30-02 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-30-02, 05:10 PM
C0WCHIK
Visiting Guest
FUEL IN OIL

POSSIBLE CRACKED HEAD ON YOUR MOTOR. HAVE YOU CHECKED THAT OUT YET?

GOOD LUCK

Old 06-30-02, 11:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Whoa!! don't go pulling the head to check for blown gaskets and cracks. This won't let fuel in your oil. A bad regulator or leaking injectors are about the only things I can think of offhand that would cause this.

Old 07-01-02, 05:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It would also help to know if we are dealing with a 4.3 vin code Z (throttle body) or a 4.3 vin code W (Vortec CPI) engine.

Folks, I'm going to have to stress that you follow the posting guidelines at the top of the forum if we have ANY chance of helping you in a timely manner!