clutch noise 95 chevy S-10

Old 06-30-02, 06:53 AM
95chevys10
Visiting Guest
clutch noise 95 chevy S-10

I have a 95 Chevy S-10 2.2 ltr standard transmission w/ 71,000 miles. i just purchased it a couple of months ago. For some reason after it has been drivin for approx 20-30 min, the clutch gets just a little stiffer, and seems to make a squeaking noise like it need some wd-40. Once I was in traffic and I shifted to a lower gear and let out the clutch and nothing happened(like i was in nuetral so i tryed a couple of other gears and finnaly caught in first gear. i pulled over and let it cool for about 30 min and was able to drive home with no prob. I brought it to the dealer and they have no idea. i havnt had the clutch go out like that one time again, but it still feels alot different and i dont want to get stranded somewhere. when it hasnt been drivin for a little while i experience no problem(no noise or anything) untill it warms up.
I am at a loss for ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-02, 06:55 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Has the linkage been checked for binding or bent parts?

Sounds like it could have internal problems and when things heat up, they stick. 71k is about right for a clutch, throwout bearing and pressure plate replacement.