Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

replacing u-joint on 4WD '95 cherokee

Visiting Guest

07-01-02, 08:35 AM   #1  
bledsoe
replacing u-joint on 4WD '95 cherokee

It's the front left wheel u-joint that I'll be replacing. I'm planning on removing the tire, caliper, rotor, outer bearing, inner bearing(?), then unbolting the hub from the steering knuckle and being able to pull the the axle shaft right out so I can throw it into a vise and get replace the u-joint. Can somebody that's done this before tell me if I'm close? Will the axleshaft really just slide out of the differential once I free up the hub? I've never even touched a bearing before, so i'm not too sure what too expect here. Also, when reassembling, do I need to re-grease the bearing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-01-02, 08:47 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Sounds like you're on track. Which bearing are you talking about regreasing? If you mean the hub bearing, those are usually sealed.

Visiting Guest

07-01-02, 08:53 AM   #3  
bledsoe
Yeah, I was talking about the wheel bearing. I'm not sure what to expect there. I've seen exploded diagrams before, but that's it. OK thanks. I just wasn't sure if the axle shaft would really just slide out after I free up the wheel.... I figure it was at least held in the diff by a clip or something

thanks

Search this Thread