80 ford bronco overheating??????

Old 07-01-02, 11:11 AM
jato27
Visiting Guest
Angry 80 ford bronco overheating??????

I have an 80 Ford Bronco that has a 351 engine. For about a year it has had a problem starting after it has been run for a short time. It takes about two hours before it will start in the winter and as much as four in the summer. It tries to turn all the time but does not catch. So far we have replaced the spark plugs and wires, the thermostat twice,fuel filters,air filters and breather filters, flushed and filled the radiator,distributor cap and basicall all of the small things that I can think of. Recently I was told it was a brain box that is mounted on the fender. The person that I talked to did not know exactly what it was called. I am curious if any one can tell me if this sounds right and if so what that is.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-02, 11:45 AM
It is called an "ignition control module". It is approxiamately 5"x7"X2" and is silver in color. If you pull it off, you can take it to the local parts store and they should be able to test it for you-- I know AutoZone can.
The other thing you may want to check is the coil. I had one that would over heat and stop sparking until it cooled off again.

Old 07-01-02, 11:57 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I agree. And they do go bad on Fords of this vintage