paint marks on car exterior

Old 07-02-02, 07:35 AM
keith0628
Visiting Guest
Question paint marks on car exterior

My wife backed out of the garage and wound up rubbing the side of the car against the door jam, transferring paint onto the car. I can't get the paint off of the car. What can I use to remove the paint but not ruin the finish on the car?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-02, 09:43 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It would be a plus to know what year and make of car so we know what type of finish it might have.

FOLKS: PLEASE READ THE TOP OF THE FORUM'S PAGE WITH POSTING GUIDELINES AND POST THE REQUIRED INFORMATION IF YOU WANT US TO HELP!!!

With that being said, the fix depends on the finish. If conventional lacquer, polishing compound will do. If clear coat, a clear coat safe cleaner/polish will do.

Old 07-02-02, 12:01 PM
keith0628
Visiting Guest
The car is a 2000 Mazda MPV. Not sure what kind of finish is on the car.

Old 07-02-02, 04:05 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Urethane type basecoat/clearcoat.

Hit any body supply shop and they will hook you up with the right 3M or professional product. Might also be worth a body shop to wheel it out for you to prevent more damage by using the wrong product.

Old 07-02-02, 05:10 PM
otter_
Visiting Guest
regular car wax,

a soft cotton cloth and lots of elbow grease should remove the paint provided that it's on the surface of the clearcoat. If, unfortunately, the paint is embedded in your Mazda's finish, then follow what Joe_F is advising in his post.