Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Have a wierd "reapolstering" question

Visiting Guest

07-03-02, 08:00 AM   #1  
Jaci
Have a wierd "reapolstering" question

My husband has a 1996 eclipse and wants to cover the stock cloth on the interiors doors with vinyl....any suggestions on how to adhere the vinyl? He has tried many adheasives and nothing seems to work all that good.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-03-02, 10:13 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Why? It won't work over the old cloth. It has to be done by a trim shop professionally.

Most door panels are heat pressed and stretched. You'd be better off finding door panels from an Eclipse with vinyl covered door panels.

Retrimming door panels will get expensive. A new set of door panels for my 79 10th Anniversary run 500 bucks a pair for a reproduction with embroidery depending on who does them!

Visiting Guest

07-03-02, 10:20 AM   #3  
Jaci
Thank you

Obviously not the answer I was looking for, but thanks...know we don't have to waste our time searching the internet for a product that won't work.

I already embroidered a design on the vinyl, and the piece of vinyl is cut with all the curves and such....we just need to get it on the door.....I guess we will see who in our area can do it.

Thanks again!

Visiting Guest

07-03-02, 10:25 AM   #4  
Joe_F
You're in NJ. Everlast Auto Trim in Linden NJ. See Eric there, they do stuff like this.

Be forewarned that many trim shops do not accept outside materials for work and might not guarantee the installation of the same.

Visiting Guest

07-03-02, 12:27 PM   #5  
Jaci
Thanks again!

I really appreciate the advise! Hopefully, once my husband goes to Auto Tech school as planned, I won't have too many more "wierd" questions...lol!

I will certainly look up Everlast....even though I am quite a ways from Linden...that is OK though. And maybe we can find someone at the car show we are going to this weekend in Englishtown.

Search this Thread