tune up

Old 07-03-02, 11:56 AM
tune up

1993 Buick Century 3.3 6 cylinder engine. Did a complete tune up yesterday and it looks like 4 plugs were changed previously and 2 were not. The rear bank center and on the passenger side took me almost 1 hour to pull the plug wires off. They had heat shields on the rear while the front did not. I tested the wires and got infinity so they are good, but before I put them back is there a trick so that they won't be as stubborn?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-02, 12:20 PM
"I tested the wires and got infinity so they are good, "

Infinity usually means there is not continuity, no current flow, NOT GOOD. Just checking here....

Yes, you can get an antiseize lube at most parts houses which will prevent the plug wires from adhereing to the plugs.

Old 07-03-02, 01:08 PM
Won't anti seize lube stop the spark? I have stuff, anti seize lube that I put on the lug nuts. Are we talking the same stuff? The current flow is good, top of the chart.

Old 07-03-02, 02:20 PM
Go to the auto parts and buy dielectric grease for ignition systems.they will now what you need.

Old 07-03-02, 03:23 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If you bought a good quality wire set, the dielectric grease is already installed or a package is included in the box.

Search this Thread