1988 camaro rs 305

Old 07-04-02, 01:46 PM
lovechell69
Visiting Guest
1988 camaro rs 305

god somebody help lol. cant find the location of the fuel filter. Where is it located? anybody please respond if you have a clue.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-02, 01:53 PM
tstokka
Visiting Guest
its in the fuel line coming from the tank about a foot in front of the rear axel.

Old 07-04-02, 01:57 PM
lovechell69
Visiting Guest
looked there but its not there. looks like a place where one could be but nothing. any other ideas. can i put adapters so that it will screw into each end of the fuel filter.

Old 07-04-02, 02:08 PM
tstokka
Visiting Guest
is it carburated or fuel injected? if its carburated the filter is at the inlet of the carburator. if injected its on the rear crossmember under the car (unless someone took it out and just stuck a chunk of pipe in there, WHY? i don't know)

Old 07-04-02, 03:32 PM
lovechell69
Visiting Guest
first let me say thank you for being so patient with me here. Can i add and inline filter in the front where the gas lines coupling togther?

Old 07-05-02, 05:50 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
There are no carbureted F body cars in 1988. 1987 is the last year.

The filter is where you were told. It is about the size of a soda can. Carefully follow the lines coming out of the fuel tank and you'll find it clipped into a bracket. Get the new filter from the parts store so you know what you are looking at.

Typically a 1988 RS is a 305 TBI injected vehicle. A painfully slow but reliable platform.