Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1988 camaro rs 305

Visiting Guest

07-04-02, 01:46 PM   #1  
lovechell69
1988 camaro rs 305

god somebody help lol. cant find the location of the fuel filter. Where is it located? anybody please respond if you have a clue.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-04-02, 01:53 PM   #2  
tstokka
its in the fuel line coming from the tank about a foot in front of the rear axel.

Visiting Guest

07-04-02, 01:57 PM   #3  
lovechell69
looked there but its not there. looks like a place where one could be but nothing. any other ideas. can i put adapters so that it will screw into each end of the fuel filter.

Visiting Guest

07-04-02, 02:08 PM   #4  
tstokka
is it carburated or fuel injected? if its carburated the filter is at the inlet of the carburator. if injected its on the rear crossmember under the car (unless someone took it out and just stuck a chunk of pipe in there, WHY? i don't know)

Visiting Guest

07-04-02, 03:32 PM   #5  
lovechell69
first let me say thank you for being so patient with me here. Can i add and inline filter in the front where the gas lines coupling togther?

Visiting Guest

07-05-02, 05:50 AM   #6  
Joe_F
There are no carbureted F body cars in 1988. 1987 is the last year.

The filter is where you were told. It is about the size of a soda can. Carefully follow the lines coming out of the fuel tank and you'll find it clipped into a bracket. Get the new filter from the parts store so you know what you are looking at.

Typically a 1988 RS is a 305 TBI injected vehicle. A painfully slow but reliable platform.

Search this Thread