Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Grand Voyager will not start

Visiting Guest

07-06-02, 09:42 PM   #1  
sfslenes
Grand Voyager will not start

I have a 1991 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3.3L V6. I am having problems with it not starting. I have followed the manual to troubleshoot the problem.

1. I have checked the spark at the ignition module and the plug end. Both Ok.
2. I have checked the fuel injection lines pressure. There is pressure.
3. I have checked the fuel lines. OK.
4. The battery is okay.
5. I thought it had a broken timing chain based on what the manual told me. However, after draining everything (oil, and coolant) and removing the oil pan, I found that the chain is still on and appears okay.

I recently bought this from someone else. It had a new ignition put in. It had a tune up. And various other work done unrelated to my main problem.

I am not sure where to go with this problem next? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-07-02, 03:26 AM   #2  
Joe_F
1. I have checked the spark at the ignition module and the plug end. Both Ok.

----Must be fat, blue and consistent or we're dead in the water.

2. I have checked the fuel injection lines pressure. There is pressure.

----Must be checked with a reliable hand held pressure gauge. Volume and pressure are important. Without this it will never run.

3. I have checked the fuel lines. OK.

---Only tells us there is fuel getting up top. See #2 above.

4. The battery is okay.

---Assuming it can turn the starter rapidly enough, Ok.

5. I thought it had a broken timing chain based on what the manual told me. However, after draining everything (oil, and coolant) and removing the oil pan, I found that the chain is still on and appears okay.

---Still may have jumped time and it will not start if it does. If it has a distributor, remove the cap and make sure the rotor turns when you crank it. If not, the chain has jumped time or has fallen off/slackened.

How many miles on it?

Search this Thread