73 plymouth duster

Old 07-07-02, 04:46 PM
roselipsxox
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 73 plymouth duster

please help me..we are having trouble changing the brake shoes..can you tell me anywhere i can look on here that can tell us how to do it ourselves?thank you so much.
joanne

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-02, 03:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You can use the other side as a guide for the side you are doing . That's the best way.

If not, I suggest you to go your local library or parts store and pick up a repair manual such as a Chilton or a Haynes. The old ones are pretty detailed and will give you a lot of help.

I always hated those Chryslers with 4 wheel drum brakes. It's like stopping a bus! My sister had a 1974 Gold Duster (with the optional snake skin vinyl top). It was one hardy little car and never failed her once in the couple years she had it. Factory ice box air too

Old 07-08-02, 08:41 AM
roselipsxox
Visiting Guest
my duster

thanks Joe,we did that and then found out the brake line is broken.i was wondering why i didn't hear any scraping..but the brake fluid was going down.now we have to get the brake line fixed.arggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
thanks again,
joanne

Old 07-08-02, 08:55 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You might call up Fine Lines, Inline Tube or Classic Tube. They make prebent brake lines for most applications. If not, they can make you an exact copy from your old one...even if it's broken.

Old 07-08-02, 09:12 AM
roselipsxox
Visiting Guest
brake line

thanks..will do.
joanne