1994 Chevy Beretta

Old 07-08-02, 12:14 PM
anun121
Visiting Guest
1994 Chevy Beretta

I found it! It was just a fuse. Thanks!!! But, I also have another problem. My brakes are acting up it's like ever since I got my brakes done over. They won't stop accurately. If I pump the brakes they won't get stiff. And it seem like I have to push further down on the brakes.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-02, 04:21 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
What work was done at the shop on the brakes? Please keep all your posts on the same vehicle/problem together for continuity so we can follow along. Use your reply button.

With that being said, if the brakes were done by a shop, bring it back to them and have them redo it if the brakes do not function right. Do not gamble with brakes. Your or my life (if you hit me) could depend on it.

Old 07-09-02, 06:09 PM
anun121
Visiting Guest
1994 Chevy Beretta

I took my brakes to a certified mechanic. But, he didn't look or examine the brakes when I told him. But, I know it's something wrong because sometimes the care shake a little while applying pressure. And I have ABS(anti-lock brake system) so when you pump the brakes the brakes pedal gets stiff so your brakes won't lock up. But, my brakes don't do that no more. So, what to do?

Old 07-09-02, 06:12 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If the mechanic didn't fix your problem and the car is unsafe, I suggest you bring it back to him and have him rectify the unsafe condition.

If you paid him to fix the brakes and he didn't, you shouldn't be charged. Go back and try to work it out. If he's unreasonable, have another shop do it, and bill the first shop for the redo repairs. If they refuse, the Better Business Bureau would be my next call .

This is all bearing in mind that you brought it in for safe brake repair and didnt receive that service. If the shop told you additional work was needed and noted that on the repair invoice, then they are in the right and have the right to charge you for additional work