Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

occasionally stalling while bringing to a stop

Visiting Guest

07-09-02, 04:52 AM   #1  
liberty1
occasionally stalling while bringing to a stop

Just yesterday I brought my 97 Honda Civic (a standard) to the dealer. The check engine light had gone on after I'd recently tanked up on gas. Honda recommended I drive on it a couple times cause a loose gas cap sometimes makes the light go on and it takes awhile for it to click off. The light remained on and occasionally the car began to stall when I brought it to a stop. I finally took it to the dealer yesterday and they found a faulty oxygen sensor which was under warranty and that they since replaced. I also got an oil change while I was there. When bringing it home yesterday it stalled again when I brought it to a stop after maybe five minutes of stop and go driving. The check engine light is no longer on. What should I be looking for? I'm unemployed currently and need this car to get back and forth to interviews...help???

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-09-02, 06:55 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Could be just about anything.....back to the dealer and tell them their "repair" didn't do the trick, have them fix it again at no charge and road test the car thoroughly to make sure it's fixed before they give it back to you.

Tell them to do a fuel pressure check and an ignition system check as well as a code check on the computer as well.

Search this Thread