Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Power Seats

Visiting Guest

07-11-02, 06:26 PM   #1  
BlazerOwner
Power Seats

I own a 1996 GMC Blazer, 4.3 litre engine, 4-door, 4WD, 4 speed auto. The problem is in the power seats: they do not move in any direction when the switches are moved. I have put a voltmeter to the switches and main wires in, and there is only about 4 volts whether the engine is off or at idle. I randomll checked other elec accessories, and all at 12 volts or better. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-11-02, 06:55 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Try cleaning the contacts on the switches. See if Alldata.com shows any problems on this issue

IA

07-11-02, 06:59 PM   #3  
Pull the driver's seat out, remove all necessary trim required to pull the carpet up far enough to access the wire harness under the seat. Undo the tape holding the harness together and you will find the orange wire where the splice to the passenger seat power feed is corroded. Repair the splice and you are ready to go.
Seen a ton of these.

Visiting Guest

07-12-02, 04:22 PM   #4  
BlazerOwner
SUCCESS!!! I followed your instructions, and while removing the seat was a PITA, the repair was as described, with one exception: there was not connector, only 4 orange wires held together with electrical tape. A few minutes with the meter, and the problem was solved. However, the two extra wires do not seem to operate anything, and I left them disconnected. Any ideas?? Thanks for your help!

Visiting Guest

07-12-02, 07:51 PM   #5  
Joe_F
They might be for vehicles that have a memory seat option if so equipped. In this way, they are all wired up but only connected if the truck has that option.

Search this Thread