Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

95 Jimmy

MI

07-11-02, 06:45 PM   #1  
95 Jimmy

Hi All! I have a 95 Jimmy, 4x4, 4.3L that needs a water pump. I wanted to check with you first, before I get quotes from my local dealer, to get an idea on how much this will run me. I found a price for a water pump at Autozone for $25, but am curious as to how much labor would be to install this before I go in blind?! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot, Brian

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-11-02, 06:53 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Probably about 200 in labor.

You can get an idea of what's involved by going to autolibrary.org link I have below.

MI

07-11-02, 11:27 PM   #3  
Thanks for the input. Is the $200 for labor only or does that include the $25 water pump I found at Autozone? Thanks so much! Brian

Visiting Guest

07-12-02, 12:32 AM   #4  
knuckles
My labor guide allows 2.4 hours assuming you have a/c. 2.0 hours if your truck is not equipped w/ a/c.

A new OEM pump retails for $92.92.

Don't forget incidentals like coolant and hose clamps.

Most shops either won't install "outside" parts or will not offer a warranty if you "bring your own". This basically negates anything you might save by asking the shop owner to install a cheesy Autozone water pump.

By the way, now is a great time to flush your cooling system and replace the thermostat.

Search this Thread