Dune Buggy Project

Old 07-12-02, 08:01 AM
icepopman
Visiting Guest
Dune Buggy Project

Hi.....I am restoring a dune buggy that I just purchased. The title says 1959 Voltswagen convertable. I was wondering if anyone could e-mail me a basic wiring diagram for the charging system. I have all the lights working, I am not really experienced with how to do this. I do have knowledge of all the parts but not sure which wire to hook where. There are 3 wires coming from the generator to the voltage regulator. There are three prongs coming off the other side of the voltage regulator. Where do you go from here? It seems like it should be pretty basic considering there are not a lot of wires and they are easy to run from front to back. Any help would be greatly appreciated TIA

Erik

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-02, 08:49 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
There are a couple of good books out there on how to fix VW's and do this type of project.

Suggest you try Amazon.com for some titles of interest or the local library.

Old 07-12-02, 08:51 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
If your dune buggy is actually a '59, it would have originally been equipped w/ a 6V electrical system. Do you have a 6V or a 12V generator? How 'bout the battery?

As Joe said, there have been about 7 zillion VW performance/repair books published in the last 30 + years. It would pay you to pick up 1 or 70.

Search this Thread