Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Wiper blades get stuck

Visiting Guest

07-13-02, 08:06 AM   #1  
honeydoman
Wiper blades get stuck

I own a 1995 chevy lumina mini van. The windshield wipers keep getting stuck in the "up" position when it is raining and my wife is getting ticked. Is there something I can do at the house to try to repair this without having to pay the expensive labor charges at an auto shop? Usually if I get outside the van and pull on one of the blades they will start working again, but not always. And sometimes they work just fine. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links

07-13-02, 11:01 AM   #2  
it sounds like a bad wiper motor next time the wipers quit just wiggle the wiring harness at the wiper motor if it starts working again replace the motor doesnt take very long to replace and is a fairly simple job, just be carefull when you have your hand in there wiggling the harness if the motor starts working the linkage could get tangled up in your hand.

Visiting Guest

07-13-02, 12:09 PM   #3  
honeydoman
where is the wiper motor

thanks for the reply, where would this motor be located?

Visiting Guest

07-13-02, 03:37 PM   #4  
Joe_F
The R&R procedure for the wiper motor should be located in the autolibrary.org link in my signature file below.

Visiting Guest

07-13-02, 07:46 PM   #5  
darrell McCoy
wipers

I would go jump the dealer service dept, I am sure there was a recall on wiper problems of this year and make. I am sure they can furnish you with the notice. I am trying to rememner but I think it concerned the swx. Good luck

Search this Thread