Big automotive DIY tip here PLEASE READ....

Old 07-16-02, 07:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Big automotive DIY tip here PLEASE READ....

I think that Joe and the other moderators will agree that the hardest part of ANY DIY job is finding out how to do it, whether that means consulting manuals, experts, or this site (I usually come here first, read directions later..lol).

I have a tip for anyone out that that attends church- look for folks who can help you out- ask around, someone is bound to be experienced in what you need. This is a stupid reason alone to go to church, I recommend going to worship God over all other reasons, but God chooses to bless us in odd ways sometimes. You can usually get honest answers from folks there.

My church is riddled with mechanincs, some ASE Certified, some BYGM (Back Yard Grease Monkey) Certified.

They have been more than willing to help me, even loan me odd tools and stuff, for my auto DIY jobs. One of them works at a shop and he does all kinds of diagnostic work for free, and refers me to a reputable dealer who always gives me good service if it's a specialty repair that he can't do.

If you attend a church, be on the lookout for similar minded folks and see what you can learn or teach. You'll be amazed at what you find out!!!!!

Old 07-16-02, 08:50 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Arrow

Networking is key, this is very true.

You might cajole, I mean rope, I mean ask that a friend help you out . That's what my friends and I do for each other. When one man's car is down, it's like your own is down, we all pitch in.

My neighbor's the mechanic, so he's there for moral support. My friend is a good helper and provides the needed clowning around and laughs. I'm charged with looking up the parts, doing the repairs/helping out and sourcing who has the right parts at the right price. Lol

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: