Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Door Ajar Alarm

Visiting Guest

07-17-02, 01:51 PM   #1  
Sheebs
Door Ajar Alarm

I have a 94 Plymouth Voyager, 3.3L V-6
The door ajar light and alarm keep going off. I've replaced the switch, and neither one (old or new) will work. My father used to put a piece of plastic on the door when the switch began to wear out. This no longer works! Is there a way to disable the sound at least? As of now, even manually pushing in the switch does nothing. Help!!!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-17-02, 11:36 PM   #2  
knuckles
There are 4 door switches. One on each front door, one on the sliding door & one on the tailgate. You'll need to check each switch. If they're all OK you'll need to check for a shorted wire.

Visiting Guest

07-17-02, 11:40 PM   #3  
JackMaster
When you say you checked and replaced "the switch", which switch are you referring to? Drivers door I presume.

If it is the switch located on the door jamb, you are looking in the right direction. Did you check and replace the switches on the passenger door and side slider door as well?

Visiting Guest

07-18-02, 06:12 AM   #4  
Sheebs
Thanks much guys! I finally found the problem, after replacing all but the slider door switch... it was the slider. All taken care of now! I appreciate the help!

Sheebs

Search this Thread