need to learn about maintenance on a car

Old 07-18-02, 01:07 PM
mmina
Visiting Guest
need to learn about maintenance on a car

hi

I want to learn about car maintenance and am wondering if anyone out there in chicago would be willing to take me as their intern and teach me about car maintenance such as oil change, radiator flush, tune-ups, minor brake job , etc., . If someone out there knows the job and willing to mentor, I would really appreciate it.

thanks

mina

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-02, 12:41 AM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
Arrow

Most high schools & community colleges offer low-cost continuing education auto repair courses. I'm sure there's at least 1 school in the Chicago metro area that offers such a course.

Old 07-19-02, 03:43 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I agree with Knuckles.

Also, experience is the best instructor. Hang around with friends, relatives, etc, that do car work (or want to tackle a project) and offer to help. Ask questions and get involved. This is how I learned...and still do .

There are also some great basic repair books in the library you'll want to take out. Reading is fundamental, and no different here

Good luck.

Old 07-19-02, 03:02 PM
JoeandChristal
Visiting Guest
Best advice I can give is not to be intimidated!!!
If you can follow the most basic of instructions you could change your own oil and be surprised at how much cheaper it is.
The library is a good start......look for a Chiltons manual for your car/truck......great book to get you started.
best of luck,
Joe

Old 07-24-02, 06:56 AM
mmina
Visiting Guest
maintenance on my car

hi

just looked at all the responses. Thanks to all who replied. I have begun reading some of the manuals for my car and hopefully would change oil for the first time very soon..................

thanks

mina