Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

87 Dodge ram van blower motor

Visiting Guest

07-23-02, 05:03 AM   #1  
coach8
87 Dodge ram van blower motor

I just had my blower motor replaced, it was making noises, then burning smell, then no air coming out of vents, so I had it replaced, now the air comes out but not nearling as strong as before when it was running good. The guy that replaced the motor thought it could be the vents not properly in place but I checked and they are fine. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-23-02, 05:45 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Time for a new mechanic....this one's a guessing parts changer.

Make sure the blend door/vent door is working properly.

Visiting Guest

07-23-02, 08:35 AM   #3  
coach8
Thanks, where would I locate them?

Visiting Guest

07-23-02, 08:43 AM   #4  
Joe_F
A good mechanic or the blend door?

Check the autollibrary.org link I have below for the latter. The former is becoming tougher to find .

Another possibility is a bad blower resistor. I'd bring it back to the first guy and make him find the problem at no charge, since you paid him to fix it.

07-23-02, 09:25 PM   #5  
some aftermarket blower motors do not have a factory connector and you can actually hook up the blower motor to turn either direction if it is this style motor it is possible he hooked it up backwards and the motor is actually turning the wrong direction and will usually blow some air but not very strong so if the replacement motor did not have a connector on it you may try reversing the leads to see if it fixes the problem.

Visiting Guest

07-24-02, 06:28 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Very good suggestion from BeJay. In such case, have the guy that changed it verify it.

Visiting Guest

08-12-02, 04:08 PM   #7  
coach8
Thanks to all who responded, I took it back and told him to check the 3 things you guys mentioned, turned out to be the aftermarket motor was reversed. Thanks again.

Search this Thread