Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

fabricating angle rings for gauges in truck ???

Visiting Guest

07-23-02, 11:26 AM   #1  
JeeperJake
fabricating angle rings for gauges in truck ???

okay, i ordered angle rings for my 2 1/16" autometer gauges, but i need one for my 3 3/8" speedometer. autometer doesnt make one, so i was wondering if anyone had an idea. does pvc come in 3 3/8" ??? remember, this is the inside diameter of the hole, not of the entire pipe. thanks

- jake

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-23-02, 11:36 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Try McMaster Carr, Grainger, or an industrial supply shop. I'm sure there are gauges in different industries that are this diameter.

Visiting Guest

07-23-02, 01:00 PM   #3  
JeeperJake
looked around a little bit, and i cant even find pipe in a 3 3/8" size. whats the deal? am i gonna have to make my own? what about pvc or copper pipe or tubing or something?

Visiting Guest

07-23-02, 01:41 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Have you checked the industrial supply companies I've mentioned? If there's a gauge that size, there's likely a bezel that size. Perhaps 3.5" not 3 3/8.

Check all the various gauge companies such as VDO, Autometer, Sun, Stewart Warner, etc. If it's not a standard industry size, you're probably going to have someone make it up for you..

Visiting Guest

07-23-02, 11:22 PM   #5  
knuckles
It should be no problem for a machine shop to turn out a 3 3/8" id piece of aluminum. Supply them with your smaller bezels & they can cut the angle to match. Shouldn't be terribly expensive & will look much better than PVC.

Search this Thread