Auto Covers

Old 07-23-02, 08:35 PM
bill248
Visiting Guest
Auto Covers

Wanted to know if anyone has experience or suggestions about car covers. No show car or anything fancy, just a seldom used 1997 low mileage extra pleasure car that mostly sits when not in use for its 2000-3000miles a year. Have tried the thin inexpensive ones for around $60 and a better one from Meguiars I got for around $150 on discontinued sale 3 years ago. Last one is wearing out and sems to be a 2 layer one but not certain.
Looking at autosportcatalog.com I see a Noah and Evolution 4 and was considering them, maybe Noah for water protection. One is 3 layer, other is four layer but maybe thinner. Anyone have any thoughts on these or others in the $250 range for outdoors in driveway all the time in Philadelphia suburban area? Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-02, 11:12 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
One of my customers has a '72 Vette that sits outside year-round. He has an Evolution 3 cover on it & he's been very satisfied. The cover is 4 or 5 years old now & it's still in pretty good condition

Old 07-24-02, 05:28 AM
I own the Evolution 3 for my 68 Chevelle, I keep it cover even thru its garage keep. I like because it soft, dont scatch which is easy to see on black car, and also because it lets the car breathe so you dont get moisture damage. But I think the Evolution 3 has been replace with Evolution 4 which should be even better. I have had my cover for over 6 years. You can to to this site http://www.block-it.com/ to learn more. Hope this helps.

Old 07-24-02, 06:08 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with everyone. I only cover the one Trans Am that I store remotely. The 10th Anniversary sits in my garage uncovered. If possible, store it in inside...no cover can replace a garage!