Hole in the wall

Old 09-25-02, 06:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Hole in the wall

I was trying to put in a molly bolt to hang a cabinet and evidently pushed in too hard. Bolt in too deep, can't get it out and now there is a too large hole! I could go down an inch or so BUT want to repair hole (tried putting in new bolt but hole too big) because it's now such a large hole....what to do? Is there some way I can use the existing holes I've marked off by repairing the too big hole?Thank you
Old 10-04-02, 01:18 PM
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 622
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What about using a toggle bolt on that hole instead?

Once you strip out a hole in the drywall, you are in trouble unless you find an anchor that will fit the larger hole. I do not think that normal patching compound would hold an anchor very well but I have never actually tried it.

I have also used zipit anchors which have large coarse threads that may work for you.

If this is a cabinet with any size/weight to it, are you getting at least a couple holes into the studs?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: