Rolling joint compound on walls


Old 10-09-02, 07:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Rolling joint compound on walls

I have some walls that need a few skim coats of joint compound. Apparently the previous owners removed wallpaper from the walls and didn't bother to properly remove the glue and proceeded to paint over the glue. Or this is what I'm guessing happened. I need an easy way to get some skim coats of drywall on the walls and was thinking of thinning the compound and rolling a few skim coats on letting them dry in between. Can this be done and if so what type of roller should I use?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-02, 08:06 AM
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 225
I have only seen it done it books.

They use the roller to apply the mudd (thinned) and then come back with a huge 18" taping knife to smooth it out.

I have thought about it myself, but have not had the courage to try.

The book I saw was at Lowes. It was near the paint dept.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes