bad plaster job

Old 10-22-02, 07:16 AM
Jorge Castro
Visiting Guest
Angry bad patching job

Hi.

I've just bought an old house (1933) and I'm in the process of remodeling it. Since the electrical system was really old, I paid an electrician for re-wiring the house and adding a few more outlets.

In order to run the cables for the outlets, the electrician cut-off a 6 to 8 inch section of the drywall around the whole perimeter of the rooms. No need to say that he didn't even use an electric saw, but he did it with a hammer. When I complained about the sloppy job, he promised to fix it. Conclusion, he filled the 6 inch crack (aprox. 1 inch deep) with one coat of compound. The compound has been drying for the last 4 days and shows big cracks on it.

Should I ask him to redo de work? Any way to fix this compound that is already there? What about any future repair to the electric circuit?

Any help will be welcomed. Thanks

Jorge

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-02, 10:02 AM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
Have him come back and fix the repair with non-shrink plaster patch material, not a single coat of drywall mud.

Old 10-22-02, 08:09 PM
Jorge Castro
Visiting Guest
how?

would you ask the electrician to demo the mud and replace it with non-shrink plaster or just put the new plaster on top of the mud?

thanks

J

Old 10-22-02, 08:53 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
If the mud is dry, it would be less of a mess to add plater patch over it.

Old 10-23-02, 06:13 AM
Jorge Castro
Visiting Guest
thanks