Patch for hole in corner of wall?

Old 12-01-02, 07:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Patch for hole in corner of wall?

Hello DIYers!

This will be difficult to describe, but...

I have a closet that was overrun by bees last year, it looks as though they got into the crawl space or inside the wall and ate through the drywall so there is a inch-wide hole. Unfortunately, this hole is oddly shaped, the edges are very ragged and the inside looks like the outside of the beehive. Because this hole is exactly in the top corner of the wall, I have no idea how to patch it.

Can someone please give me advice?
Old 12-02-02, 09:23 AM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,261
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would use joint tape and make one repair for across the joint, then one repair for down the joint. In the corner there will not likely be any stree on the surface, so this thin repair should suffice.
Old 12-08-02, 08:18 PM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,047
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Bee invasion

Let's hope you got rid of the bees. If you need advice regarding bees, go to our Pest Forum.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: