Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Hanging pictures-plaster walls

Visiting Guest

03-01-03, 05:43 AM   #1  
tallen269
Hanging pictures-plaster walls

I am attempting to hang pictures on our plaster walls. What precautions do I take, and what fasteners do I use?

Sponsored Links

SC

03-01-03, 06:29 AM   #2  
Any holes will have to repaired, as you know. Don't drive nails into the wall, because they can cause the plaster to shatter. To prevent shattering, if you have to drive a nail, make an "X" with "Scotch" tape on the wall, and drive the nail through the intersection. This will help prevent cracking. Use as small a nail as possible.

Hangers that stick to the wall are much better because they won't crack the wall.

If you have picture molding along the ceiling, the clips that mount to it will hold the wire or string for the frame.

The small plastic anchors are easier on the walls than molly bolts. Smaller holes.

Hope this helps.

03-03-03, 07:35 AM   #3  
you can get picture hanging hardware just for plaster walls....home depot has it...they are called "blue Nails"..they are harder than regular nails...and the good thing is ....is that you can remove them without tearing up your wall

Search this Thread