Texture over Wallpaper?

Old 03-11-03, 06:37 AM
stilllearning
Visiting Guest
Texture over Wallpaper?

Guys I need some advice...I get conflicting messages from remodelers about whether to remove my wallpaper first..or to let them texture over the wallpaper. I do not want to have to redo my walls after a couple of years due to the paper bubbling. Should I just take the time and remove it first? The texture in the rest of my house is orange peel...I dont know if this texture will work over wallpaper. Should I try and different texture style?

Old 03-11-03, 07:47 AM
jerryjay11
Visiting Guest
Wallpaper

Do it right the first time. Remove the wallpaper. This from a homeowner that has corrected last owner's screw-ups.

Old 03-13-03, 06:42 AM
Rick Krakora
Visiting Guest
Yes, you would have to remove the wallpaper first......as of what I did in my bathroom in my house.......was to remove the wallpaper (be careful of not to expose the "brown" paper (drywall paper).....and use orbital sander to sand off the leftovers of wallpaper.......and them patch up the exposed drywall paper, and prime the walls........the you do the textures on them......

It does take time, but you want to do right without having to worry anything in the future......

Rick

Old 03-13-03, 05:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ditto what the others have already posted. Take a look Wallpaper in Decorate Section of this forum, lots of good advice there in the first thread.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: