Patching tiny holes

Old 03-22-03, 09:23 AM
Swish
Visiting Guest
Patching tiny holes

I have a very small (about 1/2 inch) hole in drywall with an orangepeel texture. I'm not very handy, so to save time and frustration, I was considering using a "pre-textured" path over the hole. (Really just a couple of stickers -- one thick one to hold the hole together and one on top with orangepeel texture.

Anyone have experience with these? Am I just kidding myself that this will do the job?

thx.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-03, 05:03 PM
Sounds worth a try.

Old 03-24-03, 09:02 AM
Swish
Visiting Guest
Well, in case anyone else was wondering, this deosn't really work. The texture matched, but even after painting it was pretty clear that that there was a big sticker stuck on my wall. Oh well, time to learn about applying texture...

Old 03-24-03, 09:57 AM
Every time we learn something is not a pleasant experience. I think that Edison said he knew 900 ways not to make a light bulb, before he found one that worked.

Old 03-24-03, 11:27 AM
debrr
Visiting Guest
I am not handy either

Hi there, I am not very handy either and not sure how to patch the holes, I am trying to figure that out myself. But I think I have heard to patch with joint compound and then sand? Then my ex told me to use this product and I have and it worked GREAT for me. It is Homax East Touch Spray Texture. It is water based so easy to clean up. The texture matched my orange peel perfectly and if I goofed up, I just touched it with my finger. I wish I could tell you where to find the product, my ex sent me to some off the wall store here in town and I don't even remember where or what it was. It wasn't Lowes or Home Depot. It was probably a contractor store. But you can do it if you find this! I did! Good luck!

Search this Thread