Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Re-Stuccoing Foundation?

AZ

04-19-03, 07:12 AM   #1  
Re-Stuccoing Foundation?

Hello,

I had to remove the crumbling stucco on the front foundation of my home last Fall, and now am clueless how to replace it or what type of company to contact to do the work. It's a small home, so we're talking less than 20 linear feet/24+" high which needs to be replaced.

Are there any options other than hiring someone to replace the stucco? Right now I have exposed 90 year-old cinderblock which is unattractive to say the least.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,
pieper

Sponsored Links

MO

04-20-03, 05:28 AM   #2  
Take a look at this link here on DIY site, I think it may give you some basic info. As to locating a local company to do your work, you'll be looking for either a masonry or plastering contractor.
Click here to see the DIY Stucco page

Hope that helps.

AZ

04-20-03, 08:09 AM   #3  
Thank you very much! I'll see if this is something I feel I can tackle on my own, but I suspect I'd be better to locate a qualified/experienced mason.

pieper

MO

04-20-03, 12:12 PM   #4  
pieper

Another thought might be to go with a fiber cement siding product. There are numerous brands, & you'll find them with a web search. Here's a link to Certainteed's product. http://www.certainteed.com/cside/csfc00001fu.html

Good luck my friend.

Search this Thread