Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

repairing ceiling

Visiting Guest

04-28-03, 10:18 AM   #1  
littlegirl
repairing ceiling

Roof leaked, ceilings in two closets got soaked. The board (drywall?) base seems okay, not bowed. But the board seems to have a coating of some sort that is coming off in patches. Question: would they possibly have put a really thick texture coating on the board? And most important, could I fix it with drywall mud and then texture it to match more or less and then paint the whole ceiling? Should I put new drywall up and start from scratch? P.S., I am not too fussy about the precise appearance, only want it okay and not more effort than necessary!

Sponsored Links

SC

04-28-03, 10:53 AM   #2  
The coating is probably texture. If the ceiling is dry and the coating is loose, you can scrape it off and repair it with joint compound or texture. Then you can paint it.

Hope this helps.

MO

04-28-03, 05:00 PM   #3  
Hello & welcome to the forums.

Looks like Chris has ya all fixed up, little messy, but not too much fuss. Good luck.

Visiting Guest

04-28-03, 11:00 PM   #4  
littlegirl
thanks

This is a totally awesome forum! In a single day I've solved three annoying repair problems.... two with answer-posts and one just from reading the columns.

You guys rock!
Littlegirl

MO

04-30-03, 03:15 AM   #5  
Glad we could help.

Search this Thread