Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Patching and Plastering
Reload this Page >

Pictures! Just finished wall unit/fireplace, uhhh, almost finished...

Old 12-01-03, 02:24 PM
BPRescue
Visiting Guest

Below is a link to some photos of the wall unit/fireplace that I built, or shall I say, almost built. I still have to build the raised panel cabinet doors for the bottom 2 niches on each side, TV and speaker niches. These doors and TV frame will be hickory to match all other cabinets in my home.

The small niches above the components and rt side storage are for the speakers and will receive hickory framed speaker cloth. I have a surround system with 6 speakers, however since they are Bose and very small, I just put the center channel speaker on the shelf above the TV. I preferred this method rather than implementing another speaker into the built in design since the speaker is small and almost unnoticeable. While in the design phase, I could not make the additional built in speaker work to my satisfaction without really taking away form space and architecture. At the same time, I did not want to see all three speakers up front and easily incorporated the sides into the design as I will also have speaker cloth on each side of the TV, with the center raised panel door allowing access to the front jacks of the TV, for quick hookups of cameras, etc.

The process was a bit testing as to keep cats safe, and dust out of the rest of the house, I had the temporary wall up for three months on the button and had all furniture strewed throughout the rest of the house, therefore had no living space. This however did not matter much as I was in the room every weekend and after work late into the night almost every night.

The fireplace existed already as you will see by the before picture, however I had to rip out the old and move it and chimney about 20 inches to accommodate my design.

Without getting lengthy, I had utilized this board on quite a few occasions where I had questions on how to proceed, so I wanted to post the final, or almost final result. I will post again once I get the doors on…

Thank you for your help.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bpt...l+Unit&.src=ph

It takes a moment to load after hitting the link, so hang on a moment…

Old 12-02-03, 05:21 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Great job! Take a bow my friend!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: